My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.csharpblog.net/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday 6 June 2010

WWDC 2010

In just over 24 hours, a few meters from were I am sitting, Steve Jobs will be showcasing the next greatest technologies from Apple. It is amazing what kind of attention such an event attracts. It is almost like a pilgrimage for a lot of people. Numerous people of my flight to San Francisco from London are attending as are hundreds of guests at my hotel. Right now (1 hour before registration opens) there is a handful of people waiting to collect their badges. As I am sat on the steps of Moscone West on this fresh San Francisco Sunday morning, I couldn't help but wonder, that all these people are affecting the lives of millions around the world in profound ways. They might not be curing cancer or helping the hungry but in a way they are creating technologies that have the potential to do that. All I can say is let the games begin!!!

No comments: